Friday, March 7, 2008

Untitled

A sincere woof out to my pal Izzy today. She recently found out that she lost a very special member of her family very unexpectedly. I cannot imagine the pain and sadness that Izzy and her family are experiencing at this time. I can only say that I am sure that he knew how much you loved him. It is obvious that he was well loved and has many, many friends that will miss his physical presence. Having said that, I want you to know that he has not left you. I guarantee that his spirit (and that insatiable laugh friends spoke of) will live on within you every day of your life.

I felt this poem would be appropriate:

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.
- Mary Frye*


*exact authorship is still in dispute however to this date the poem is attributed to Ms. Frye


1 comment:

Stacey said...

Oh Toffee, I wish I could give you a scratch and a rub on the belly and a cheeseburger right now...Thank you for thinking of me, and posting this remarkable poem. I am so lucky to know you...

Please sign my guest book. Woof.