Saturday, April 26, 2008

Sca-rrrry eye photos.


My friend Deetz is having a "Scary Eye" photo contest.  I had a difficult time choosing cause apparently there are a lot of scary eyes in my digital photos!  Anyway, I thought I would start with the "triple threat" photo above of my dad 2b, myself and my *sigh* brother Riley.  If you look closely you can see that even my dad 2b has his scary eyes on! Despite the scary eyes my mom says that we all look cute.  I think that she may be biased.

This next photo below is a solo effort.  My mom tells me that my eyes are especially scary when the flash goes off because I lack a "tapetum" at the back of my eye.  On the other hand my *sigh* brother DOES have a tapetum (like many dogs) which is why his eyes are green when the flash goes off and not red like mine.  Apparently this helps him see better in the dark; that's okay, I usually just follow my nose anyway.



...I just wanted to add in this last picture as a joke...tee hee...this is a picture of my friends Fingerpie and Fingerspy on their trip (with my parents) to Italy in the Fall of 2006.  They aren't very scary at all.



5 comments:

Lizzy said...

Man, those are some great photos! Your eyes are really red, you look kinda evil!

My eyes go red sometimes, but they're usually orange when the flash goes off. Mine never go green like your brother Riley's.

Everyone is posting such great scary eye pictures, it's gonna be hard to choose a winner!

I'm not quite sure what to think of that last picture... Those eyes aren't really scary, but more just plain weird!

I hope you're having a grrrrEAT weekend!

Sparky

Lorenza said...

Wow! Those are really scary eyes! And red!!
This contest sure is fun!
I hope you are having a great weekend
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Agatha and Archie said...

You need to get a chox box so we can leave you messages! We are sad also about Frankie Doodle and all the other pals that have crossed the bridge. Too many lately.....Our Earthdog trial is in Gardener Mass on the 10th! It is about an hour(or hour and a half if we remember from last year!!! It is (well to us anyways) in the boondocks!!! Let us know if you are intersted and we will send you directions! It is a group of nut cake terriers!!!(now that is scary) Love A+A

Amber-Mae said...

Toffee, you have the scawiest eyes!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Deetz said...

THOSE are great photos....My mum got tickled on the last eye photo...lol
Those were some big huge eyes uh?
Mum got them saved and hopefully she will have them all up at the end of the week or first of next week....
Deetz

Please sign my guest book. Woof.