Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Ice cream is the best medicine.

Happy Nurse's Week! I just thought I'd add this because I think that there is a pack leader out there that is a nurse.  Nurses week starts on May 6th and culminates on May 12th - Florence Nightingale's birthday.  Speaking of medicine, I happen to think that ice cream is some of the best medicine; it is delicious, nutritious and oh-so soothing to a sore throat - did I mention that it is DELICIOUS?!

Last Tuesday it was "free cone day" at Ben & Jerry's, so we ventured up to Paw-vard square to indulge.  Unfortunately by the time we got there the line was s000000 long that we decided to forgo the free cone and get take-out Vietnamese for dinner.  While the Vietnamese food was less "soothing" to my (not) sore throat it was very yummy and spicy.  


8 comments:

Lizzy said...

I think ice cream is definitely the best medicine, too. It certainly is delicious!

But did you not get any after all because of the long line? That's too bad! I hope you get more ice cream soon...

Sparky

Deetz said...

Happy Nurses Day.....Ice cream is awesome for sure...I have a video on my bloggie of me eating some and it was out of this world.
Deetz

Lorenza said...

Hi, Toffee
Happy Nurses Day!
Ice cream sounds great! Too bad you could not enjoy it! I hope you have some soon!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Myeo said...

Ice cream works wonders!

Love
Boy n Baby

Asta said...

Hi Toffee
I wish You could have been hewe to shawe my pawgewita..and I would buy you ice cweam to..lots of ouw fwiends have Nuwsies fow Moms..Happy Nuwsie Week..Nuwses do an awful lot to help evewyone...
smoochie kisses
Asta

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh I think Ice cream will make a pawsome medicine too. :)

~ Girl girl

i said...

Oh yes, I agree totally! Ice cream is the best medicine!

Agatha and Archie said...

Well PL2 is very touched and thanks you!!!!!!!! We got ice cream the other day!! When PL2 took Arch to his chiropractor(in Framingham) she stopped and got a coffe and some ice cream for Arch) Then I heard about it and we all 4 had to go another day so I could get some!!! YUMMY!! Love A+A

Please sign my guest book. Woof.